Monday, November 08, 2004

Off to "Cuba"

This morning I woke up grabbed my bags hopped into the van and headed off towards Cuba with my mom and all her friends.

The flight was 3 and a half hours long, nothing compared to what's coming up next week. I arrived around 11pm. My first impression of "Cuba" wasn't a great one. Straight off the plain I was shoved into a bus of complaining cranky french canadians. All the cubans spoke french, and english no spanish was to be found anywhere, which was a bit upsetting seeing how i was excited to try out my spanish.

Now the reason why i said my first impression of "cuba" wasn't good, because really I wasn't in Cuba. It was but it wasn't really. I was on an island off of Cuba called Cayo Coco. This island is strictly reserved for tourist. No Cubans were allowed on this island unless they had special permission. It actrually makes me sad that most people who visit this place honestly believe they visited Cuba.

Well after checking into my large room, checking out HBO on my tv, turning on the airconditioning, and trying out one of the queen size beds in my room, I headed down to the beach. I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful sky. Actually i have but never while i was standing on powder fine white sand. It was really breath taking. After my not so eventful day I headed back to the comforts of my own home anxiouse to see what the place looked like during the day

No comments: