Sunday, September 03, 2006

Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays

After a 12 hour bus ride we arrived at Airlie beach! The beach is gorgeose there. It was so nice to be back near the water. In Airlie we met up with our 2 Irish friends Seamus and Eimear from Childers. We went all out there and partied it up hard. It was so nice to see some new face and go clubbing a bit. Needless to say I feel much better and glad I got it out of my system for a bit.

I did a 2 night sailing trip around the whitsundays and OH MY GOD was it ever beautiful. For the first time in my life I saw a beach that actually looks exactly like it does on the postcard, it was breath taking! I also did some snorkelling which was a bit scary for me considering I have a fish phobia (don't ask I don't know why I have it either) but the coral was still amazing, I'm glad Mel made me go with her. Besides I did a lot of tanning on the boat and ate some tasty tasty food that they cooked up for us.

We left a few nights later after a few more drinks onto a 4 hour bus trip to Townsville.

No comments: